How to Write an Impressive Nursing School Personal statement
A procedure of applying to a graduate nursing school is tough and tedious since a candidate has to meet a great deal of submission requirements. To handle the process well, it might be useful to check guidelines provided by institutions, as well as those available online. They might differ to a certain extent, but they will definitely have one common point. All guidelines and tips unanimously agree that the personal statement for nursing school is the most important element of the application package.
Nursing school essay has a great power to influence the outcome of the application. Primarily, it is the only document that provides students with a sort of freedom to tell their life story, show own personality, appeal to feelings of the members of the admission committee, etc. In other words, this paper allows to overcome limitations imposed on candidates and demonstrate personal potential. Furthermore, personal statement for nursing student may serve as a strong compensating factor if other application package pieces are not that strong. However, a student should remember that a personal statement may both harm and give an incredible advantage. Therefore, its power should be used only in a strict compliance with our nursing personal statement tips.
Tips for Writing a Unique Nursing Personal Statement
a. Make up a Plan
Regardless of how talented at writing and nursing you are, it is impossible to create a perfect personal statement nursing at one sitting. It takes time to accumulate reasonable and worthy ideas, plan their presentation, draft, edit and proofread. Therefore, you should not delay starting the writing process and allow yourself plenty of time to do this complicated task. The first step, however, should be the collection of material that might prove useful in persuading school. Here is what you are recommended to pay attention to:
- Work experience. Think of your experience as a registered nurse from the perspective of your goals and future. How does it affect your objectives? How will further education assist in you in growing as a professional?
- Personality. A nursing personal statement should not be a restatement of the resume. It should present you as an individual and focus on strengths, achievements, skills, talents, interests, etc. You should tell what they enable you to bring to the educational establishment and how you plan to use them in your career. It might be helpful to mention leadership, mentoring, and volunteering here.
- Preaching. It should be avoided at any cost. A passionate discussion of a burning issue is welcomed, but you should not sound in a condescending or authoritarian manner.
- Program. You should know not only what you can offer to a school but also mind what the school needs. Find out its values or persuasions and check how well aligned they are with yours. Let an admission committee know if they are alike.
b. Compose a Draft
With a well-thought-out plan in mind, you should proceed to creating a draft of your nursing school personal statement. Since it is only a first attempt, do not be afraid to write whatever seems good enough. The following principles will make the process go more smoothly:
- Try to sound natural as if you are discussing your application with a friend or family member. Later on, you will be able to make the writing more formal.
- Steer clear of using clichés and overused phrases that most personal statements for nursing school are full of. Unfortunately, this approach should be applied to such words and collocations as “people person,” “unique,” “caring,” “compassionate,” “From childhood, …” and “As long as I remember myself,” etc. These are the stimuli that prompt a reader to abandon the text.
- Be specific when telling about your experiences with patients. You should not just provide facts, e.g., “I helped a patient with cope with an infection,” but describe the situation in detail instead. All examples that you provide should be vivid and give a possibility for a reader to imagine the case the way it was. For instance, you might write, “I suspected that a patient has a severe infection even though the primary diagnosis was different. Nevertheless, I managed to persuade a doctor in favor of a care plan that saved the patient from grave damage and worsening of health condition.”
- As a high-quality nursing research, your nursing personal statement format should include evidence-based practice and examples from direct patient care. It will enable you to demonstrate your communication, leadership and advocacy skills as well as proficiency.
- It might be useful to have a look at least one well-written nurse personal statement template to get the idea of what it should include. However, under no conditions, should you copy any ideas and text from the samples available online.
c. Edit and Polish the Text
It is unlikely that you will produce a perfect text at first attempt, do be sure not to skip the stages of editing and proofreading unless your aim is to fail, of course. These things should be obligatory done to ensure that the paper is properly arranged, logical, coherent, and free of mistakes. These techniques will help you to do editing well:
- Take a break after drafting and before rereading and editing. It will assist you in having a fresh look and clear view of strengths and weaknesses of the paper.
- Read the text out load. Such a strategy helps to make the flow of the text smooth, spot inconsistencies, and easily notice grammar and spelling mistakes.
- Proofread the paper multiple times to avoid any kind of grammar mistakes because they may ruin positive impression of the paper even if it is perfect in terms of content. You may resort to using editing tools or asking a friend or a family friend to give the paper a look. Their new perspective can help in locating and eliminating flaws in your personal statement.
Your personal statement is a key to getting admitted and numerous doors that will open to you upon graduation. It is influential and powerful, so do not waste a chance to use it for your own benefit. Present yourself in the best light possible but avoid using clichés and overused ideas. Illustrate everything you say about your personality and professionalism with bright examples and evidence-based practice. It will make you sound convincing. Good luck with your application!
Buy essays online
It is quite possible that you have a talent and passion for writing essays, but you are just too busy to do it on your own. This, however, does not mean that you should worry about your grades. You only need to hire a qualified and dependable writer to write essays for university according to your requirements. At the same time, if you feel that your writing skills leave substantial room for further improvement, our classy writers will do the job. That is, whatever situation you are currently in, you do not have to lose your grades.
Good Academic Writing and Rewriting
If you are looking for an awesome essay without getting caught, consider the following. First, whenever you borrow contents from someone else's paper and simply rewrite it in your own words, it is plagiarism. Whenever you submit a plagiarized paper for grading, your professor penalizes you. The severity of such penalties will vary, depending on your situation. You may even be expelled from college, so why risk your reputation now?
Second, if you are going to buy essay in 3 hours, chances are high that it will be recycled and plagiarized. It is just not enough time to locate a talented writer, who will produce an authentic paper from scratch. Nevertheless, you are in the right place, as we have gathered the most passionate and professional writers to do their job for you. So, if you want to buy essays online safe, you will not find a place better than ours.